Deepa Malik was the first person ever to receive a license for invalid (modified) rally vehicle, a case she consistently pursued for 19 months in Maharashtra. She is also the FIRST physically challenged individual in the country to receive an official rally license from Federation Motor Sports Club of India (FMSCI) and become a navigator and driver in the toughest car rallies of the country- Raid-de-HIMALAYA 2009 and Desert Storm 2010.
She has the unique honour of being the part of the grid and national anthem ceremony at the flag-off of Formula-1 race at Buddh international circuit, 2013.
Her aim of joining motor sports is to spread awareness towards the fact that physically challenged individuals can obtain an official license and attain independence and self-reliance through driving. Deepa Malik has undertaken numerous rallies to promote this cause.
Limca World Records
1. Longest all India drive Chennai – Delhi (3278 Km) -2013
2. Driving Across Nine High Altitude Passes in Nine Days on Leh-Ladhakh Highest Motorable Roads. (First Woman in the
world in her disability to attempt a journey likes this – 2011)
3. Riding Special Bike -2009
MOTOR SPORTS AWARDS
1. Biker of India- India Bike Week Goa 2013
2. Co- Driver Tata Motors Full Throttle experience Thar 2012 and Kutch 2013
3. Co- Driver -Mahindra Great Escape Chandigarh 2012
4. Winner – Bajaj Allianz Inspirational Women Driver Hunt 2011
5. Driver- Maruti Desert Storm Car Rally 2010
6. Polaris ATV Challenge Jaipur 2009
7. True Grit Award For Outstanding Courage
Maruti Raid-De Himalaya 2009
8. Star Rider Trophy Castrol Most Passionate Biker Hunt 2009
9. True Roadie In Mind & Soul Award
MTV Roadies 5, 9 and 10 (Adventure Reality Show)